- Gymboss Interval Timer: http://www.gymboss.com/?src=IAP
- This is extremely helpful, practically essential, when performing interval conditioning work. (Not made for lap swimming.) It has a number of different useful options.
- Inexpensive Waterproof Watchwith stopwatch and interval timer
- It may seem redundant to have a Gymboss Interval Timer and a watch, but I find it easier to use the Gymboss to time my exercise and the watch to time my pulse and recovery.
- Plastic Speed Jump Rope
- Exceptional Core Trainer:
- Power Wheel Ab Trainer: http://secure.monkeybargym.com/power-wheel
- One of the best pieces equipment to strengthen your abs and back. The ability to put your feet on the wheel is a critical expansion of the traditional “Ab Wheel”. Accelerates core strengthening of back and stomach muscles while avoiding the traditional stress to your back caused by traditional sit ups. Ask for the Jon Hind instructional video if you order your Power Wheel below. It will break these exercises into beginning, intermediate and advanced exercises.
Strengthening Equipment and Resources
Don’t let any of the muscle bound pictures on the websites intimidate you. The following equipment is excellent for low impact, whole body strengthening and can be used at all levels of conditioning, from someone just getting started to someone training for competition. These are all relatively affordable and give people the option of gradually creating a variety of home gym options, making weather and time less of a factor.
- Lifeline USA equipment: http://www.lifelineusa.com/
- This is an excellent site for affordable home exercise equipment. Many of the items come with instructional DVD’s. This is an excellent company and Jon Hind is an exceptional functional fitness coach.
- Power Walk Pro
- Jungle Gym XT – Extremely versatile and effective, low cost gym equipment.
- Jungle Gym
- Exchange Handle System and Cables (resistance bands)
- Browse the site: See what other equipment catches your eye. View the video demos.
- Xiser Portable Hill Climber and Stepper: http://www.xiser.com/
- An exceptional piece for low impact, portable cardio work. We can usually obtain these at a 10% discount for our patients.
- Weight Vest: http://weightvest.com/
- A great way of increasing your resistance with body weight exercises, walking, climbing steps, lunges, suspension exercise straps, etc. (Don’t let the pictures on the website intimidate you – these are great for all ability levels.)
Helpful Websites for Exercise and Equipment Ideas
- http://rosstraining.com/blog/ This is a website that is geared towards the more serious trainer, but there are great, inexpensive home equipment ideas on this site. If you are building a home gym on a budget, search through this website.